Search Mandla

Monday, April 30, 2012

MANDLA No 1: Introducing...Mandla: The Power of Style



Mandla (Zulu: power, strength) is a blog about style, its power (impact, reach and diversity) and the individuals that wear it well.

I'll be exploring and sharing my encounters of powerful style in the people I meet, breaking down the trends into a shopping roadmap, also highlighting the original sources of global style inspiration, and reviewing mainstream and emerging collections.

Another feature will be elements of my personal style and the powerful style that is having the biggest impact on me: what I'm wearing, reading, watching & listening to.

So, if I tell you mine, you gotta tell me yours!

POWER IN MOTION! (Image via: Lipstick Alley)





PIECES OF ME: A COLLABORATION BETWEEN TEXTURE & SWING!


Jacket: Zara; Dress: Cos; Jeans: H&M; Shoes: Carvela; Necklace: Swarovski


I LOVE the movement in this grey asymmetrical draped dress that’s edgy on its own and over skinny’s or leggings; the red pony skin, leopard heels add a zing of colour and texture.
This dress calls for non-competing accessories, but the simple and unusual Swarovski necklace is a faceted piece of crystal rock, and always gets many, many admirers! 


CURRENT CASUAL FAVOURITES


Jeans: H&M; Bag: Francesco Biasia; Shoes: Carvela; Crystal Beads: Urban Outfitters; Black & Gold cuff, Wrap bracelet: NYC street stall; Watch: Gucci
 
Although there is an abundance of great accessory colours on trend for the spring/summer season, I’m currently clinging to this red hobo by Francesco Biasia – it holds tons of stuff and I can have the strap long or short.
The crystal beads are an impulse purchase that pays for itself over and over because, I wear them around my neck, waist and wrist often to dress up casual outfits.
The Carvela red leopards are a favourite because they’re high, comfy and sassy! It’s not often that you get all three in one shoe...



1 comment:

  1. Hiya Michelle, great to see your new style blog......it is giving me the inspiration to create 'my own style' which i think I kind of lost some time ago. I am loving the asymmetrical dress and accessories and am looking forward to more shared encounters.

    ReplyDelete